Seed Mail Seed Swap
****SEEDS AND THE SEED SWAP CAN NOT BE PURCHASED AT THE SAME TIME. IF YOU WISH TO PURCHASE SEEDS AS WELL, PLEASE CHECK THEM OUT SEPARATELY****
So here's some of the deets:
Sign Ups for the swap will close on September 16th, 2019.
Once sign ups are closed, I will be sending out an email to all of the participants about the specific details, such as when seeds will be due, how many seed packets to send, and where to send them.If you feel like you CAN NOT meet the exact amount given, please feel free to contact me once participant amount is final, and I will gladly help you. I do not want you to feel like you can not participate because you don't have enough seeds. I declare seeds for all! We normally don't have this problem, but I'm here to help just in case. What should you expect? After I receive all of the seed packages, I will sort them out, and return them to each of you with the same amount you sent, in a custom printed Seed Mail box. I'm designing a new box just for this swap! Plus, 8 packets of Seed Mail seeds, and extra goodies designed and picked out just for this swap!Seed Packet Guidelines:
- All seeds sent should be heirloom seeds.
- Your seeds should be packaged in individual packs labeled with the specific type of seed (Not just marigold. Specify the type such as Petite French Marigold).
- Be sure to include your Instagram name on each packet (It's a great way to make new friends).
- Small bags or paper envelopes are best for holding seeds, but I have no requirements. The more creative the better. So, do you! I always love seeing how people decide to package their seeds.
- You also do not have to send packets of the same type of seed. It can be a variety of different seeds as well, as long as there are enough individual packets for each person. Mix and match it up!
The following are a few examples of how many seeds you could put in your packets. Please remember these are only suggestions. If you have a seed you really want to share and can only give everyone a few, that is perfectly fine. If you have a lot of something you really want to share, feel free to go over the suggested amount.
Seed Amount Suggestions:
- tomatoes and peppers = 5-15 seeds
- carrots and lettuce = 20-30 seeds
- flowers 10-30 seeds
- onions and leeks = 10-30
- beans and peas = 5-15
- broccoli and cauliflower = 5-15
- cabbage and kale = 5-15
- herbs = 5-15